Photo via Jupiter Images
Pizza is one of the best fast foods in the world for certain. If you are a meat-eater then you can add chunks of pepperoni, ham, lamb and chicken as your toppings. Or, if you are a pure vegetarian then you can have a spicy vegetarian pizza with mushrooms, peppers, onions, jalapenos and tomatoes. However, if you are concerned with your fitness then you can have a thin base and low fat cheese pizza with toppings of your choice! Undoubtedly, pizza is one food that allows you to customise it to your individual taste. Here, is the the recipe for a vegetarian pizza which can be altered to non-veg pizza by adding meat toppings of your choice.
2 cups Self Raising Flour
2 tbsp Margarine
2 tbsp Yoghurt
1 Packet Dried Yeast
Make the pizza dough- Knead the above and cover with a wet cloth. Leave to rest for at least 3 hours. When ready to make, knead the dough to make round bases at the thickness required.
(Makes 4 pizza bases)
YOU WILL ALSO NEED…
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Garlic Paste
1 Tin Chopped Tomato
RECOMMENDED TOPPINGS (You can add toppings to your taste and likings)
2 Small Onions (cut in circles)
1 tsp Paprika
6 Peppermint Petals
Corn and Cheese
Salt per taste
- Heat oil in a pan until warm.
- Slightly sauté the garlic paste and add the tomatoes.
- Cook until the moisture releases oils then you know it is ready.
- Add the peppermint and paprika.
- Place the pizza dough in a non-stick oven tray.
- Smear the pizza dough with the tomato paste and place onions, mushrooms, corn and finally cheese over the pizza.
- Sprinkle oregano to your flavour
- Cook for 20 minutes until the pizza is golden brown.
Make sure the gas mark is set at 5 or 180°C