This is one of my favourite soups as it has all the ingredients which are allowed on a high protein diet. It’s quick, easy and delicious.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 250 GMs cabbages chopped
- 6-7 medium mushroom chopped
- 350 ml coconut milk
- 500ml stock/water. I use chicken stock.
- Sea salt
- White pepper
- 2-3 chopped garlic cloves
Method and Preparation:
- In a pan add butter and hot sauté onion and garlic till they start giving nice aroma.
- Add cabbage and mushroom and keep stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Now closed the lid of the pan and let all the ingredients get cooked in slow flame.
- Add coconut milk and stock.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or till all the vegetables are cooked.
- Turn off heat and let the mixture cool off.
- Add the soup in the blender and puree it.
- Before serving, reheat and garnish with black pepper and a bit of red chili powder.
I have this with two boiled eggs and I am satiated for hours.
Author Bio: Anamika is the co-owner of Indian Weight Loss Blog, weightloss.wiseshe.com. She loves to cook and follows high protein lifestyle.
Top Photo Credit: Anamika