Here is a chicken curry dish, that I have been taught to cook by my parents, I have only started cooking since I got married.I find it quite relaxing and there is just something satisfying about eating your own cooking.
It might take you 2 or 3 goes to get it right but it is well worth it. I have used boneless chicken pieces in the dish, which I prefer but just as easy to use chicken on the bone.
Sood’s Chicken Special
3 boneless chicken fillets (breast)
4 tomatoes or tomato plum tin
5 garlic cloves
3 green chillies
Jeera (cumin seeds)
Dhania (Coriander Leafs)
- Prepare chicken. Wash and then dice into square prices.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium to large pan on medium heat.
- When oil is hot, put 1 heaped teaspoon of cumin seeds into oil.
- Peel and finely chop the onions. Add to pan.
- Stir onions until golden brown. Watch carefully as onions can burn quickly.
- Blend tomatoes, and then add to onions.
- Purée the garlic cloves, blend the Ginger and chilli’s. Add to tomatoes.
- Add 1 teaspoon each heaped of turmeric, garam masala and salt.
- Stir well. You will notice when the sauce is ready that the oil is separating. You can add the chicken now.
- After 15 minutes. Add water until the chicken is covered. Simmer now for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of double cream and hand full coriander leafs.
To be served with chapatti, naan or rice!