Gerrard’s going to need a captain’s performance…(courtesy of Zimbio)
Its win or bust time for England. The nation is behind them and praying for a win so England must perform and give the nation something to cheer about, something they have not done in the past two group stage games. England must win to advance to last 16 stage, so basically it’s all or nothing for England in the final group match.
England can qualify with a draw against Slovenia but then they will be relying on USA and Algeria result.
Here are the results which will see England through to the knockout stage;
- England win and it doesn’t matter by how many goals, 1 will be enough then the result of USA and Algeria will not matter!
- England draw 2-2 and USA draw 0-0
- England draw 3-3 and USA draw 1-1 and so on..
We all know that England have fine potential and it is time for them to perform to their highest level, work as a team, show determination and confidence and win their last group match. Below are some changes that I think will help England advance;
- Formation 4-4-1-1
- Heskey to be dropped to the bench
- Bring in Carrick, which will give more freedom to Lampard and Gerrard to help in attack
- Play Barry on the left, he has played on the left for Aston Villa in the past, and having Barry on the left will mean more cover on the left when Cole advances to help up front.
- Play Gerrard behind Rooney, the role he fulfils for Liverpool so well playing behind Torres
So what do you think will happen? Will England have the nation singing Capello praises once again? Or will we be talking about only if this happened or that happened? We all wait and see.