One of the best fashion tips is ‘Less is Better’ and this works for clothing, makeup and accessories. It is hard to go wrong when you wear simple and minimalistic makeup, since less makeup helps to showcase your natural beauty, makes you look younger and your skin looks better! As minimalistic makeup actually shows your skin whereas if you wear heavy foundation, eyes shadow, blusher and major lipstick then you are covering your skin by creating another layer of skin on top of it, which is not appealing.
Many celebrities wear minimalistic makeup and still look beyond beauty; there are Angelina Jolie, Penelope Cruz, Jennifer Aniston and Jessica Alba in Hollywood. Also, there are Kareena Kapoor, Twinkle Khanna, Karishma Kapoor, and Katrina Kaif in Bollywood who support minimum make up and they look incredibly stunning.
Here are few tips for wearing minimalist makeup:
- Wear a moisturiser or specialised make up base which disguises lines, minimises uneven skin tone and other flaws, so it helps to give a polished and smooth look.
- Choose a foundation that matches your skin the best and then apply it, thinly, to all over your face and neck ensuring it is applied evenly.
- Wear some mascara on upper lashes only.
- Apply light coloured eye shadow like baby pink, beige or light brown. Use a light coloured eye shadow for the day look yet you can use a slightly darker eye shadow if you are going out at night. However, make sure the eye shadow is applied evenly and thinly to maintain the minimalistic look.
- Wear lipstick with the shade of nude, light pink, light brown or mocha. Light shaded lipstick will blend into your foundation and combine well with the light eye shadow colour.
- Wear cream blusher which is easier to blend and it gives a moisturised effect which is perfect for the minimalistic look! Apply a light shade of pink or brown to the apple of your cheek very thinly.
If you feel that the minimalistic look is too pale then wear some pencil eye liner and smudge it into your eye shadow so that it does not look too strong. Also, if you feel that the minimalistic look does not hide your scars and dark eye circles then your solution must not be to apply makeup heavily. However, you should take care of skin by drinking 8 glasses of water and applying rose water to your face daily and, having a good healthy diet.